Become a leader within your company, or become an educator, private consultant, or business mentor in other organizations, with this online DBA in Information Technology Management from Capella. With this ACBSP-accredited program, you’ll grow your expertise, as you acquire advanced skills and leadership abilities to apply in any setting. The program centers on the implementation of IT policies and processes, alongside emerging global trends. Capella’s online DBA culminates in a research project where you’ll solve a real-world IT management issue. This degree uses the GuidedPath learning approach, where you’ll benefit from peer networking and close interaction with your faculty. There are on-campus residencies associated with this program that usually includes the following curriculum:
- Information Technology Leaders as Partners in Organizational Strategic Planning
- Leading Information Technology Strategic Planning in Complex and Global Environments
- Guiding the Implementation of Information Technology Policies and Processes
- Innovating Information Technology Life Cycle Management Processes in a Changing Environment
In addition to your online courses, you will attend three four-day residencies.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Doctoral students must have a master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations. For full accreditation statement and the list of accredited programs and specializations, go to www.capella.edu/university-accreditation.