Excel as an instructor. Capella’s online Post-Master’s Certificate in College Teaching is designed to help you master academic instructional skills, including the ability to teach effectively online in a college setting. In this program, you’ll focus on learning theory, educational philosophy, classroom assessment, and curriculum development to improve as a college instructor. We’ll help you prepare to pursue college-level faculty positions.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Master’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is accredited based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards through 2024.