Build your tech skills with Capella's bachelor’s in information technology, specializing in software development. Our curriculum is designed around Agile development processes and industry standards outlined by the Software Engineer Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK).
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework).
Capella’s BS in IT program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.*
*The FlexPath option for the BS in Information Technology program specializations is not accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.