You’ll be able to build your psychology knowledge base while starting your graduate studies, with this online BS in Psychology with a Pre-Counseling emphasis. Three graduate level courses are built into the curriculum at Capella, enabling you to get a jumpstart on your online Clinical Counseling Master’s, should you decide to pursue that pathway. There are three areas to concentrate your studies: Marriage & Family Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling. Regardless of your interest, core classes usually include:
- Introduction to Psychology of Personality
- Abnormal Psychology
- Survey of Research in Human Development for Professional Counselors
- Counseling and Advocacy with Diverse Populations
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- It is highly recommended that applicants be at least 24 years old; special exceptions may apply.
- Applicants who do not have any credits eligible for transfer must successfully complete a university approved reading and writing assessment.