Be the essential go-to person for today’s complex challenges in health information management. Capella’s online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration with a specialization in Health Information Management (HIM) can help you understand how to integrate health care organizations’ business needs with information management capabilities.
Learn foundational knowledge and skills in the sciences, technology, and HIM strategy to ensure effectiveness in an organization’s continuity, delivery, and reimbursement of patient care services.
This specialization is also offered in an Accelerated Master’s Pathway option, so you can set yourself up to continue your education. You’ll take master’s level courses in your bachelor’s of health care administration program that count toward a master’s degree, potentially saving you time and money in the future.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)