BS - Health Information Management: Health Care
Learn to manage medical information, databases, and applications in a health care environment when you earn an online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration with a specialization in Health Information Management (HIM) from Capella University. Our dynamic courses focus on health care regulation and compliance, patient safety and quality improvement, budget and reporting, reimbursement systems, and ethics. Designed around Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) standards, our program can help you gain in-demand skills in the technology and management of health information data.
HIM is an interactive and collaborative program. With our interprofessional approach, you’ll learn about, from, and with other IT and health care professionals, gaining leadership know-how that allows you to partner across professions to achieve common goals. Your specialized health information management skills are built on a solid base of a health care administration education, helping to make you more marketable. It’s time for change in health information management–it starts with you.
Unsure if this is the right program for you? Check out Capella's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Health Information Management, where you’ll learn to work with patient information and medical records on a solid educational foundation of interactive, interprofessional IT courses.
- Direct Path: Transfer credits from previous academic coursework may help you save time and money on your degree. Also, you may save money by taking your required bachelor's general education courses faster through Sophia Pathways, Capella’s self-paced learning partner. Just like at Capella, Sophia courses are offered online—you can take them whenever you like, at your own pace, for a fraction of the cost.
- Professionally Aligned: Our competency-based curriculum is designed around the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM) standards in order to help prepare you to address issues relating to health care reform.
- Credible: Capella is a participant in the American College of Healthcare Executives Higher Education Network.
- Immersive Learning: Put what you’ve learned into practice with Capella’s exclusive and fail-safe health care simulation tool, Vila Health. Develop the communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and decision-making skills you need by practicing them in a simulated health care environment.
- Expert Faculty: Learners gain real-world perspectives and insights through a learning model that focuses on concrete, applicable skills taught by top faculty, recognized for both academic and industry expertise.
- Online Learning: 24-hour access to courses through Capella’s virtual courseroom.
With your Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration with a specialization in Health Information Management from Capella, you'll build skills in data content, structure, and standards; information protection; revenue management; and leadership. The health information management knowledge you’ll gain is integral to the quality, continuity, delivery, and reimbursement of patient care services. Discover specifically what you'll learn — and how you can apply it.
Common career outcomes with an online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration with a specialization in Health Information Management include health information support specialists, health information systems support specialists, patient registrars, health information abstractors, and physician office specialists. Potential workplaces include: hospital, ambulatory care facility or health care facility.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$348.00
Out of State Rate:$348.00
Additional Fees :$1,500.00
Fees Overview :
- Tuition per lower division credit (1000-2000 level): $336
- Tuition per upper division credit (3000-3000 level): $360
- Resource Kit (per quarter): $125
*Cost per credit is an average, based on 90 lower and 90 upper division credits.
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$64,140.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$64,140.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org.
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.www.capellaresults.com