BS - Accounting CPA Pathway
A CPA is the most sought-after accounting designation. With this accounting degree program, you’ll start on the path to your CPA while earning a respected, foundational business degree.
This pathway lets you tailor your program to your state’s CPA requirements and offers personalized guidance from Capella’s team of experienced licensure counselors.
To support your goals even after you earn your degree, Capella has partnered with Roger CPA Review to offer its industry-leading CPA exam-prep course at a significant discount.
With your Accounting CPA pathway from Capella, you’ll learn fundamental accounting concepts—budget analysis, investment planning, internal control audits, and more—and gain knowledge in emerging areas that impact the profession today, including accounting ethics, forensic accounting, and international accounting.
Common jobs with an online accounting degree and CPA license include: public, tax or forensic accountant, auditor, tax, financial, or risk manager, consultant, fraud investigator, and escrow officer. Potential workplaces for accountants with a CPA license include: corporations, non-profit, multinational firms, government agencies, accounting firms, banks, and financial service companies.
Furthermore, Capella University has teamed with The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to offer business students full digital access to the most timely, relevant business news, enhancing your academic experience and giving you a competitive edge in your career.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$374.50
Out of State Rate:$374.50
Additional Fees :$1,800.00
Fees Overview :
- Tuition per lower division credit (1000-2000 level): $347
- Tuition per upper division credit (3000-3000 level): $402
- Resource Kit (per quarter): $150
*Tuition per credit is average, based on 90 lower and 90 upper division credits.
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$69,210.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$69,210.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
Accreditation & Licensing
Capella University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Higher Learning Commission: www.hlcommission.org, 800.621.7440
- Capella University, Capella Tower, 225 South Sixth Street, Ninth Floor, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 1.888.CAPELLA (227.3552), www.capella.edu
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP, www.acbsp.org) has accredited Capella University business programs and select specializations.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credentials, job placement or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the school’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University at 1.866.679.9687 for more information.
Learn important information at www.capellaresults.com about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended these programs.