Prepare yourself to meet the growing demand for bachelor's-prepared nurses. This RN-to-BSN online program incorporates the standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and is accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). This program is designed to provide licensed registered nurses with the additional knowledge, skills and decision-making proficiencies needed in today's more complex health care environment.
You’ll have a more structured-learning approach with weekly coursework deadlines and assignments that allow you to move through each course with your classmates. Each course has a per-credit-tuition rate, and in any given quarter you can take 1–3 courses. This option allows you to complete your BSN degree online in as little as 18 months while still balancing work and life commitments.
With FlexPath, your pace is dictated by you—allowing you to use your expertise to move quickly through material you know, so you can spend time acquiring new knowledge and skills. Courses are self-paced with a flat tuition rate for every 12 weeks. The more courses you complete per session, the sooner you can finish your degree, and the more money you’ll save. This option allows you to complete your BSN degree online in as little as 12–18 months while continuing to balance work and life commitments.
With your BSN from Capella, you'll have the ability to conduct comprehensive and focused assessments of health and illness parameters in individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations. You'll also learn to incorporate safety and quality practices and evidence-based practice interventions as well as understand the scope and role of policy, finance, and regulatory environments.
Common career outcomes with an online BSN include registered nurse, home health nurse, community health nurse, school nurse, industrial health nurse, case management nurse, or licensed practical nurse (LPN) instructor. Potential workplaces include: hospital, long-term care facility, home health agency, school, public health clinic, or government agency.
RN license verification required. Capella University nursing programs are not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
This is a bachelor completion program. 180 total credits are required, including transfer credits. Minimum level of education required:
- Bachelor’s students must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be least 24 years old (may be waived for military applicants, veterans, and those with at least 24 quarter credits of prior college/university coursework)
- Nursing diploma or associate's degree in nursing
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- RN license verification and work experience acknowledgement form that verifies:
- Your current, unrestricted RN license (or its equivalent) to practice in the United States.
Arkansas residents must complete Arkansas general education requirements.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The BSN, MSN, and DNP programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).