Gain valuable new skills you can apply immediately in the field of adult education. Capella’s online Graduate Certificate in Adult Education adds to your previous undergraduate or graduate educational experiences and helps build your foundational knowledge of adult education competency areas. You’ll focus on the characteristics of adult learners and the adult education profession, as well as adult education settings, philosophies, principles, and theories.
For current K-12 professionals interested in extending their education with a graduate degree. Capella University education programs do not lead to initial teacher licensure.
Your program of enrollment determines the admission requirements.
Basic requirements for all programs:
- Admission application and non-refundable $50 application fee
- Acknowledgement agreement
- All applicants must understand, read, speak, and write fluently in English
- Official transcript(s) from previous institutions for degree and post-degree coursework, if applicable
- Minimum GPA as defined by your program
Minimum level of education required:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by a U.S. Department of Education-recognized accrediting agency or an internationally recognized institution
- Minimum grade point average of 2.3 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Capella University’s Education Preparation Provider (EPP) unit is accredited based on the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards for a period of 8 years, from 10/22/2010 to 12/31/2018.
Capella University’s EPP is eligible for and will seek accreditation based on the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) Standards during fall 2017/spring 2018. CAEP is the single specialized accreditor for educator preparation, and administers NCATE accreditation.