M.S. in Reading
California State University-Fullerton
California State University in Fullerton offers an innovative online degree program, aiming to satisfy a busy professional student’s need for higher education while staying committed to current careers, community involvement or family. The Master of Science in Reading degree may be completed entirely through a virtual classroom, allowing students the flexibility to earn a degree to pursue advanced career opportunities.
The Masters program in Reading builds on already learned foundations of the essential knowledge and skills to effectively integrate contemporary reading concepts into practical pedagogical practice. Graduates of the advanced Reading program may use the degree’s curriculum to maintain current teaching positions and satisfying continuing education requirements, or as the needed education to pursue positions as a private clinician, reading coach/specialist, district literacy specialist, teacher trainer, literacy coordinator, community college professor, or literacy specialist in publishing and industry.
Upon successful completion of the required minimum coursework, graduates should also be eligible for advanced certifications from CTC (CA Reading Certificate and Reading Language Arts Specialist Credential). Graduates may excel in areas of curriculum creation, linguistics and develop a socio-cultural understanding within the dynamic field of teaching.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester units attempted (applicants with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be conditionally admitted)
- California Single Subject or Multiple Subject teaching credential. (by completion of the program – Specialist Credential only)
- Successful teaching experience at elementary, secondary or college levels, or other approved experience (by completion of the program – Specialist Credential only)
- College of the Arts
- Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
- College of Communications
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- University Extended Education
Non-traditional students can earn degrees or complete credit courses through evening programs and online learning. Cal State Fullerton offers online degrees in addition to multiple certificates and programs, In addition, a variety of online courses are also offered via the College of University Extended Education. Courses are typically asynchronous, and students complete weekly assignments, including discussion boards. Cal State Fullerton also offers self-paced coursework through CD-ROMs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.