California State University-Fullerton
California State University in Fullerton offers the GATE certificate, which may be completed entirely through a virtual classroom, allowing students the flexibility to earn skills to pursue advanced career opportunities.
The Gifted And Talented Education (GATE) certificate program follows standards set by the California Department of Education and builds on already learned foundations of special and gifted teaching curriculums. The five-course program is designed for teachers currently working in a GATE program or those who wish to enhance their skills to pursue such careers. The five courses delve into essential topics of interest for GATE teachers, and include:
• Introduction to Talented & Gifted: Working with High Achievers
• Differentiated Instruction for the Gifted Student
• Developing Curriculum for the Gifted Students
• Social & Emotional Issues of the Gifted Student
• Identification of the Gifted Students
Completion of the required courses should enable current and new teachers to meet the increasing standards for professional development. Teachers of special education and gifted students may also increase marketability and earn positions of leadership in many educational environments.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Designed for teachers who are currently teaching GATE students or have the potential to be placed in that assignment.
Due to state and federal regulations, non-California residents may only enroll in CSUF online courses when their state has authorized CSUF as a provider.
- College of the Arts
- Mihaylo College of Business and Economics
- College of Communications
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Computer Sciences
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- University Extended Education
Non-traditional students can earn degrees or complete credit courses through evening programs and online learning. Cal State Fullerton offers online degrees in addition to multiple certificates and programs, In addition, a variety of online courses are also offered via the College of University Extended Education. Courses are typically asynchronous, and students complete weekly assignments, including discussion boards. Cal State Fullerton also offers self-paced coursework through CD-ROMs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.