Master of Science in Recreation and Tourism
California State University in East Bay offers the online Master of Science in Recreation and Tourism. This degree will provide an in-depth understanding of the fast moving, increasingly complex challenges in the world of recreation. Through the exploration of literature and theories graduates will be better prepared for the world's legal, personal, and ethical dilemmas presented in their work environments. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates may have the opportunity to pursue many positions involving varied responsibilities and endless opportunities.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter
In State Rate:$2,756.00
Out of State Rate:$4,241.00
Additional Fees :$8,100.00
Fees Overview :
- Grad Professional Program Fee (per unit): $180
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$30,148.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$42,028.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Degree completion: 45 quarter credits
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. It is expected that most students applying for this program will have a BS in Hospitality, Recreation & Tourism.
- If your undergraduate degree is not in Recreation or Hospitality, you may need some foundational courses. This will be determined when your transcript and work experience are evaluated by a graduate advisor or the department chair.
- GPA of 2.75 in last 60 hours of course work is required
- Must have 2 years of work experience in the field
- Acceptable TOEFL minimum scores (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- Current resume
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
- Not authorized for residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Tennessee, and Washington.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.