Master of Science Nursing
California State University-Dominguez Hills
The online MSN degree program is designed to help students become successful leaders in the health care field through a curriculum focused on integrating knowledge, theory, and research skills in planning and evaluating comprehensive nursing care and education for individuals, families, and populations. Students may choose a track on which to focus their education:
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Administrator
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree program with a NLNAC- or CCNE- accredited upper division major in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units of upper division course work attempted.
- Registered nurse licensure in the United States, unencumbered, unrestricted, with no disciplinary action pending or imposed.
- Completion of the following prerequisites: Statistics - including probability and inferential, Research - introductory course or equivalent, Pathophysiology, Health Assessment - basic course, including a skills lab.
- Submission of a professional resume and a letter of intent.
- Some courses may require on-campus learning activities.
Must be a resident in a state in which the School of Nursing at California State University, Dominguez Hills is permitted to deliver online education.
Founded in 1960, California State University Dominguez Hills is located on 346 acres in the Los Angeles area, on the original Spanish land grant, known as Rancho San Pedro. For seven generations, the Dominguez family owned the prodiverty until it was transferred to the state of California for construction of the university.
In addition to on-campus programs, DonimguezOnline coordinates a distance learning campus supporting nine degrees and seven certificate programs. Furthermore, online programming includes general education classes, coursework for high school students, and self-paced and instructor-led professional programs. Students can access hundreds of courses via DHTV broadcasts and online streaming.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.