The AAS in Early Childhood Education prepares students to work with children from infancy through middle childhood in a variety of settings. Graduates will be able to plan and implement developmentally appropriate educational plans.
The curriculum focuses on supporting early childhood students and building community relationships to positively impact young children and their families. Students will learn educational theories in class and apply them in supervised in-person field placements. Employment options available to graduates include child care programs, preschools, public and private schools, recreational centers, Head Start programs, and school age programs.
Subjects covered in the Early Childhood Education associate’s degree online include:
- Child, family, and community
- Creative activities
- Child development
- Health, safety, and nutrition
- Children with exceptionalities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- In-house placement testing prior to enrollment
- Criminal background check
- Additional requirements may be needed
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges