Health Services Leadership and Management (HSLM)
Cabarrus College offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Services Leadership and Management through a combination of online and traditional campus courses. This program seeks to prepare students to become effective leaders in a variety of healthcare settings. Course work focuses upon trends and contemporary issues relevant to healthcare, health policy, long-term care, and ethics in healthcare delivery. Likewise, the program provides guidance for advancing into higher levels of management in a clinic, hospital, long-term care facility, or other health service organization.
The HSLM degree is designed for individuals who are currently employed and want to further their academic credentials while not forfeiting their jobs due to study. Individuals interested in pursuing a master’s education will also benefit from this program as it serves as an excellent foundation for advanced degrees. This program requires 120 credit hours for graduation; 6o hours are awarded for those students who have an associate’s degree in health or healthcare related fields. Requirements for the completion program include an additional 18 hours in General Education courses and 42 hours in Upper Level Major courses.
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
1) Submit an official transcript showing evidence of high school or college level Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and a math course with Algebra II as a prerequisite.
2) Submit an official transcript of an earned Associate Degree or equivalent diploma in a healthcare-related field.
3) Provide a transcript with a preferred cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
4) Provide evidence of at least six months of work experience in healthcare or management (preferred prior to enrollment in HSL 300).
5) Present documentation of a current, active, unencumbered license or certification in a healthcare discipline, as appropriate.
6) Present two letters of reference which speak to your academic ability and/or work ethics, one of which must be from a current supervisor or educational program faculty member.
7) Provide a written statement of educational and career goals.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Combination of Online and Traditional Campus Courses.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.