Educators wanting to teach in bilingual programs look to Bridgewater State University’s Graduate Certificate in Bilingual Education. This online ESL program provides instruction on the practices and principles of ESL.
Offering culturally and linguistically sensitive instruction, students learn the skills and strategies to effectively teach multilingual learners. The online ESL curriculum offers field experience. Here students can observe and teach in bilingual settings.
Ideal for teachers of K-12, courses apply to all language backgrounds. Topics of study include:
- Principles and practices of bilingual education
- Innovative approaches to bilingual teaching
- Theories for second language acquisition
- Assessment of multilingual learners
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Bridgewater State University is accredited by:
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.8 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must demonstrate advanced language skills in the non-English partner language