Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Brandman University is focused on creating innovative leaders for an ever-changing health care system. Emphasis is placed on the use of technology, improving outcomes, innovative leadership, and using evidence-based practice. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Integrate knowledge, skills, and values from the arts and sciences into nursing practice
- Incorporate managerial and leadership principles to achieve desired healthcare outcomes
- Implement evidence-based thinking into practice
- Utilize information and patient care technology in practice
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability as a manager of care
- Engage in effective interprofessional, personal, and collaborative communication
- Provide population focused nursing care with emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention across healthcare settings
- Demonstrate core professional values and practices within an ethical and legal framework
- Incorporate knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential to clinical reasoning
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Students will be required to attend one 4-day immersion session at the Irvine campus.
This is a bachelor completion program. 120 total credits are required, including transfer and major requirements.
- Must hold an unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where you plan to do your practicum experiences (or has evidence of a scheduled National Council Licensure Examination [NCLEX]
- An Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or have an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and an Associate Degree in Nursing from a CCNE or NLN accredited program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Submission of official transcripts, three recommendation forms, self evaluation, and goal statement
Brandman University is a private, non-profit institution that is a part of the Chapman University System. Founded in 1861, Chapman University is one of California’s oldest, most prestigious private universities and is located in Orange, California. Its overall mission is “to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers.” Steeped in academic tradition, this university offers quality education consistent with the needs of a new kind of student: one who demands the same high academic standards as a traditional university but whose life requires greater flexibility and real-world relevance in the curriculum. With undergraduate, graduate, credential, and certificate programs in Business, Arts and Sciences, Health, Education, and professional development, Brandman offers numerous fully-online programs to provide added flexibility for its students.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.