The online Certificate in Family/Across the Lifespan NP is designed for advanced practice nurses who want to expand their expertise and career opportunities by adding family nursing to their practices. The program curriculum covers advanced principles of assessment and development issues in families as they relate to managing common, complex, acute, and chronic illnesses across the lifespan.
Students must attend 2-5 immersion sessions (2-4 days in length) at the Irvine Campus.
- DNP or Ph.D. degree from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or a National League of Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) accredited program
- National certification as APRN (or eligible to take National Certification Exam)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Unencumbered RN license in the State where you plan to do your precepted clinical practicum hours
- Unencumbered APRN license in your current specialty
- Three recommendation forms
- Self evaluation
- Goal statement
- Personal interview as needed
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
WASC Senior College and University Commission