Post Doctoral Certificate in Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
The online Certificate in Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP program is designed for the APRN who has a Ph.D. or DNP and wishes to add a specialty to their resume. The program curriculum explores subjects such as:
- Acute care management
- Palliative care
- Chronic problems in adult aging
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Students must attend 2-5 immersion sessions (2-4 days in length) at the Irvine Campus.
- DNP or Ph.D. degree from a Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or a National League of Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC) accredited program
- National certification as APRN (or eligible to take National Certification Exam)
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions where post-baccalaureate coursework was completed or attempted
- Unencumbered RN license in the State where you plan to do your precepted clinical practicum hours
- Unencumbered APRN license in your current specialty
- Three recommendation forms
- Self evaluation
- Goal statement
- Personal interview as needed
Brandman University is a private, non-profit institution that is a part of the Chapman University System. Founded in 1861, Chapman University is one of California’s oldest, most prestigious private universities and is located in Orange, California. Its overall mission is “to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers.” Steeped in academic tradition, this university offers quality education consistent with the needs of a new kind of student: one who demands the same high academic standards as a traditional university but whose life requires greater flexibility and real-world relevance in the curriculum. With undergraduate, graduate, credential, and certificate programs in Business, Arts and Sciences, Health, Education, and professional development, Brandman offers numerous fully-online programs to provide added flexibility for its students.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.