Brandman University offers the online Master of Public Administration. This degree program prepares students for public service in local and state agencies and nonprofit organizations.
Students have the option of concentrating in one of the following:
- MPA in Public Administration: This degree prepares students to manage people, analyze the political sources of public policy and political behavior, conduct research, understand principles of finance and budgeting and be able to apply the ethical standards of law to policy process. Graduates find jobs leading a nonprofit organization or working in local or state government.
- MPA in Organizational Leadership: This degree focuses on the frontiers, dynamics and foundations of public leadership, especially in the nonprofit business environment. You will have the option to customize your educational plan by selecting a set of electives in accounting, leadership and computer science.
Admission Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements:
- Option One – GPA required 3.00 or Higher: A 3.0 grade point average (GPA) calculated over the most recent 30 graded semester (45 quarter) credits completed in either a baccalaureate or post baccalaureate program, including credits earned toward a credential. All credits used for GPA calculation must be from a regionally accredited institution.
- Option Two – GPA between 2.50 and 2.99, qualifying score on GRE, MAT or GMAT: Graduate Record Exam (GRE): achieve the required minimum scores on two out of three of the subsections of the GRE. (Minimum score for Quantitative: 141, minimum score for Verbal: 150, minimum score for Analytic Writing: 4.5) Miller Analogies Test (MAT): achieve a minimum scaled score of 400. Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT): fulfill the formula GMAT + (GPA X 200) > 1000.
- Option Three – An earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution
- Option Four – GPA below 2.50, Portfolio
School Accreditation Statement
WASC Senior College and University Commission