Support the needs of individuals, spouses, and families facing challenges with a degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. This online MFT program from Brandman University was designed by professors with years of clinical experience. The online master’s in Psychology, MFT, meets the requirements for licensure in 41 states.
Students will explore various courses in general psychology, marriage and family studies and therapy, multicultural counseling and techniques, and adult counseling, as well as specialized topics and a practicum.
A few of the classes available include:
- Modern and postmodern family therapy theories and techniques
- Marital systems and domestic violence
- Clinical issues in human diversity
- Child/adolescent psychopathology and child abuse reporting
- Theory and practice of group counseling
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Brandman University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE, MAT
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 with combination of GRE, GMAT, CSET or MAT test scores are required. Test scores waived for applicants with a 3.0 or higher GPA and/or a master's degree.
Arkansas, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Wisconsin