The hybrid Marriage and Family Therapy and Professional Clinical Counseling concentration of this online master’s in Psychology allows you to explore therapy through a multifaceted viewpoint. An online MFT degree provides you with valuable skills to help people improve their lives and relationships. Students will learn to work with clients as individuals, couples, families, and groups in a clinical setting.
Graduates can apply for licensure in California as a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC).
The curriculum includes topics such as:
- Domestic violence
- Ethical and professional issues
- Family therapy theories and techniques
- Aging and long term care
- Child and adolescent psychopathology
- Assessment and treatment of substance abuse
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Brandman University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE, MAT
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 with combination of GRE, GMAT, CSET or MAT test scores are required. Test scores waived for applicants with a 3.0 or higher GPA and/or a master's degree.