This online master’s in Psychology from Brandman University provides a concentration in Professional Clinical Counseling. Students in this online graduate counseling program will practice their technique and gain experience in research, ethical issues, human diversity, psychopathology, diagnosis and assessment, and life span development. The curriculum teaches students to apply multiple theories and techniques to address clients’ problems as well as any issues within their own careers.
Graduates of the online master’s in counseling are prepared for licensure in California as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or for certification in other states.
A few of the specialized topics covered include:
- Community and environmental mental health
- Crisis and trauma counseling
- Assessment and treatment of sexual disorders
- Substance abuse treatment
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Brandman University is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE, MAT
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 with combination of GRE, GMAT, CSET or MAT test scores are required. Test scores waived for applicants with a 3.0 or higher GPA and/or a master's degree.