If you’re an occupational therapy practitioner who would like to assume a leadership role and help shape the future of your field, you may be ready for advanced study beyond the master’s level. The Post-Professional Doctor of Occupational Therapy (PP-OTD) program at Sargent College is designed to provide the highest level of quality education with a focus on flexibility and a strong mentorship model. Students in the PP-OTD program are paired in a one-on-one relationship with faculty, who provide each student with personal guidance throughout the program.
- Completion of an entry-level occupational therapy program
- 3.0 GPA, with no grade below a C
- Two professional references
- 3 essay questions
- Curriculum vitae
- Official Transcripts (graduate and undergraduate level)
- GRE: Applicants who have graduated from a ACOTE or WFOT-accredited degree program or who can provide a National Government Recognition documentation of their program in occupational therapy and who obtained a GPA of 3.0 or better on the US 4-point scale in that OT program are exempt from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Must be employed at least part-time in a health, rehabilitation, or human services field at the time of matriculation
- Students for whom English is not their first language must take the iBT
- If a U.S. applicant, documentation of NBCOT certification and state licensure are required
- Requires two short on-campus components at the beginning and end
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education