The advanced standing concentration of this online master’s in Social Work can be completed with fewer credit hours than the traditional online MSW degree for those who qualify. Students will learn clinical, organizational, policy, and administrative skills in order to promote social justice and equality.
Those wanting to practice school social work in Idaho can become certified by completing this degree along with required classes and field experience supervised by a professional social worker.
Courses for the advanced standing concentration include:
- Evaluation and treatment of mental disorders
- Human diversity
- Program leadership and management
- Research and statistics for social work
- Individuals and families
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Background check
- Three recommendations
- Documentation of licensing certification and professional program history, if applicable
- Additional materials may be required.
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities