Doctor of Nursing Practice
Boise State University
The online DNP degree program helps students to build sophisticated expertise in assessing organizations, analyzing systems’ issues, transforming evidence based practices into clinically significant results, and creating and implementing innovative strategies to improve health care outcomes. Graduates are prepared to pursue leadership roles as direct care clinicians, health care executives or administrators, public health officials, policy advocates, or educators.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Applicants must possess a valid, unencumbered RN license or advanced nursing practice license from within the United States and possess either a:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from a CCNE or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited School of Nursing or,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a CCNE or ACEN (formerly NLNAC) accredited nursing program and a Master’s Degree in a related field. Students who possess a Master’s degree in a related field may be required to take additional graduate courses.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in their undergraduate nursing coursework and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in their Master’s program.
- English Proficiency (written & spoken) is mandatory.
This program is available to applicants from all states, except Georgia, Louisiana, North Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Boise State University was founded in 1932 as Boise Junior College. In 1965, four-year status was awarded and Boise Junior College evolved to become Boise College. Finally, in 1974 university status was earned and the name was changed again to what it is today: Boise State University. Boise State University is a four-year public university and the largest institution of higher education in the state of Idaho.
Boise State houses seven colleges and almost 200 degrees and certificates to choose from. To accommodate the busy schedules of their students, Boise State University offers online classes through their eCampus system. Through this system, some select undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees and graduate certificates can be completed 100% online
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.