A Certificate in Addiction Studies from Bethel University qualifies graduates for entry-level positions in drug and alcohol treatment. Students in this online substance abuse counseling program will learn to understand the dynamics of addictive behaviors.
Courses examine how to apply research and evidence-based practices to addiction counseling practice. The curriculum incorporates the most up-to-date practices shown to improve client outcomes. Bethel’s program focuses on the whole person from a Christian worldview to provide effective counseling services.
Skills gained in this certificate program include:
- Screening, assessing, and designing addiction treatment plans
- Practicing intercultural sensitivity in counseling
- Integrating a Christian perspective with clients
- Navigating professional and ethical issues faced by addictions counselors
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Bethel University – MN is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationAssociate Degree
Resume/CV, Official College Transcript(s)
- At least two years of work experience
- Completion of 60 semester college credits