Bergen Community College offers an Associate of Art degree for students interested in an online liberal arts degree that focuses on Psychology. You will gain an understanding of the mind, personality, and mental disorders so that you can help others and improve understanding of issues related to the mind.
The curriculum emphasizes fundamentals of psychology and real-world education, examining cases that will be applicable on the job. Topics include research methods, abnormal behavior, theories and practices, sexuality and gender, and health and sports psychologies. This online psychology degree prepares students for junior-level admission to a bachelor’s degree program.
Graduates will be qualified to:
- Discuss concepts, perspectives, and trends in psychology
- Demonstrate critical and creative thinking
- Understand skeptical inquiry and a scientific approach to solving problems related to behavior and mental processes
- Apply psychological principles to issues
- Use cultural competencies for effective and sensitive interactions with diverse people
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Bergen Community College is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsACCUPLACER, ACT/SAT
Official College Transcript(s), Official High School Transcript/GED Score