Bergen Community College offers an online liberal arts degree, the Associate of Art degree in Liberal Arts / General Curriculum. This program is designed for individuals interested in utilizing the time they spend earning an associate degree to learn about a wide variety of core subjects before focusing their efforts on any one field. The liberal arts major prepares students to transfer to a four-year college to earn a bachelor’s degree in fields including English, history, humanities, journalism, foreign languages, psychology, education, and more. Coursework stresses civic knowledge and engagement both locally and globally, intercultural knowledge and competence, ethical reasoning and action, and foundations and skills for lifelong learning.
You will learn to:
- Think critically and creatively
- Apply analytical reasoning
- Communicate proficiently
- Demonstrate technological competency
- Appreciate diversity, historical viewpoints, and the global perspective
- Value ethics, personal wellness, and personal learning strategies
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- The requirement of ACCUPLACER scores may be waived with SAT scores.