Online M.S. in Nursing Degree Overview:
Our changing health care industry requires nurses with more skills and knowledge than ever before. Benedictine University’s Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is designed to teach nurses to rise to the challenges of today’s complex health care environment and to help them advance their careers.
Nurse Educator Concentration Overview:
Students study teaching and learning theories, instructional design and curriculum evaluation in preparation for teaching nursing students or patients in a variety of settings. Coursework also covers advanced nursing topics such as health assessment, pathophysiology, and pharmacology from the Nurse Educator perspective.
- Duration: 2 years
- CCNE-Accredited Curriculum
- Real-World Clinical Practicum
- Flexible Learning Experience
- Scholarship Opportunities Available
Why Choose Benedictine University?
- Flexible, 100% Online Learning: At Benedictine University, the online learning platform allows you to immerse yourself in the digital environment. Log in from virtually anywhere to instantly access course materials, participate in group discussion boards and request help from instructors on any device — laptop, desktop and mobile.
- Abundant Student Support: The moment you request information from us, you will receive personalized support from a program manager who will answer your specific questions and help you through the admissions process. After you are registered, you will be introduced to your student services coordinator. They will provide support and resources to assist you on your educational journey to graduation.
- Accredited and Recognized: Benedictine University holds both regional and programmatic accreditations. The University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- A History of Innovation: Benedictine is known for consistently pushing the education envelope. We were one of the first schools to launch a fully online degree program and one of the first to adopt the latest in learning management technology.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Benedictine University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in nursing and be licensed as a registered nurse in the United States.