Bellevue’s master’s degree in Counseling online is modeled on national licensing standards and prepares graduates for the national licensing exam to become a mental health counselor. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that this degree meets licensure requirements in their particular state.
A practicum and internship supervised by a licensed professional helps students gain confidence and practical experience. The required 100 hours of practicum and 600 hours of clinical internship may be completed in the student’s home state through an accountability and approval process with Bellevue’s Clinical Coordinator.
Students can expect classes in:
- Counseling theories
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Human development throughout the lifespan
- Diagnosis of mental and behavioral disorders
- Ethical, legal, and professional issues in counseling
- Statement of interest
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation
- A bachelor’s degree
- A GPA of 2.5
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission