This online bachelor’s degree in Psychology introduces students to the study of human behavior and mental processes with a Christian context. Belhaven incorporates a biblical worldview into its coursework while teaching the major subfields of psychology. Course topics include research, social psychology, counseling theory, abnormal psychology, and theories of personality.
The Christian Ministries concentration provides a foundation for students planning to serve in faith-based organizations. Courses cover basic biblical principles and an informed Christian worldview in relationship to service to others.
Courses within this concentration include:
- Books of Moses
- Life and teachings of Jesus
- Biblical interpretation
- Nature and purpose of the church
- Global social responsibility
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Official academic transcripts
- Minimum GPA required is 2.0
- ACT, SAT, or CLT score report
- An essay, interview, and letter of recommendation may be submitted voluntarily by the student or may be requested by the admission office if student does not meet minimum requirements for acceptance
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges