This online bachelor’s degree in Psychology introduces students to the study of human behavior and mental processes with a Christian context. Belhaven incorporates a biblical worldview into its coursework while teaching the major subfields of psychology. Course topics include research, social psychology, counseling theory, abnormal psychology, and theories of personality.
The Criminal Justice concentration is ideal for students who want to be leaders in the judicial and correctional system. Classes emphasize the role of leaders in the workplace. Courses include communication, business law, marketing, computer applications, and research based decision-making.
Core classes include:
- Human growth and development
- Abnormal psychology
- Theories of personality
- Learning and memory
- Psychology from a Christian perspective
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Official academic transcripts
- Minimum GPA required is 2.0
- ACT, SAT, or CLT score report
- An essay, interview, and letter of recommendation may be submitted voluntarily by the student or may be requested by the admission office if student does not meet minimum requirements for acceptance
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges