The online AAS in Accounting degree program from Baltimore City Community College is designed to prepare students for employment as junior accountants, accounting clerks, and management trainees, or for advanced academic studies and careers in public accounting, private industry, government, and non-profit sectors. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Recognize commonly used financial statements, their components, and how information from business transactions flows into these statements
- Demonstrate progressive learning in the elements of managerial decision making, including planning, directing, and controlling activities in a business environment
- Demonstrate progressive learning of various tax issues and tax forms related to individuals
- Prepare financial statements and/or financial schedules in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Set up a computerized set of accounting books for a "for profit" entity
- Receive and respond to the role of accounting in society, business ethics, environmental and global societal sustainability, and/or career opportunities
- All high school graduates and holders of high school equivalency diplomas or certificates are eligible for admission.
- Adults not holding a high school diploma or equivalent become eligible for degree and certificate programs after successfully completing 15 college-level credits.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education