The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) degree program from Baker College provides an opportunity for licensed registered nurses to continue their professional growth by the acquisition of knowledge and skills needed to function in healthcare settings that are responsive to individual and community needs as professional nurses. The curriculum focuses on eight key program outcomes:
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- Informatics and Information Literacy
- Professional Behaviors
- Patient-Centered Care
This is a bachelor completion program. 120 total credits are required, including credits awarded for licensure and experience. Registered Nurses will be granted 47 credits for licensure and experience.
- An unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the United States (US), District of Columbia or US territories; or an unencumbered license as a RN in Canada. Note: Canadian RNs must complete the clinical components of this program under the supervision of a baccalaureate nurse licensed in Canada. Successful completion of the Baker College baccalaureate nursing program does not qualify the Canadian graduate to take the US NCLEX examination.
- All students are expected to maintain licensure throughout their academic career.
- Applicants must include a photocopy of active US or Canadian RN license or a printed page from the licensing state’s nursing website or Canadian equivalent verifying licensure status and expiration date.
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission