Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) degree program from Baker College provides an opportunity for licensed registered nurses to continue their professional growth by the acquisition of knowledge and skills needed to function in healthcare settings that are responsive to individual and community needs as professional nurses. The curriculum focuses on eight key program outcomes:
- Critical Thinking and Clinical Reasoning
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- Informatics and Information Literacy
- Professional Behaviors
- Patient-Centered Care
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This is a bachelor completion program. 120 total credits are required, including credits awarded for licensure and experience. Registered Nurses will be granted 47 credits for licensure and experience.
- An unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the United States (US), District of Columbia or US territories; or an unencumbered license as a RN in Canada. Note: Canadian RNs must complete the clinical components of this program under the supervision of a baccalaureate nurse licensed in Canada. Successful completion of the Baker College baccalaureate nursing program does not qualify the Canadian graduate to take the US NCLEX examination.
- All students are expected to maintain licensure throughout their academic career.
- Applicants must include a photocopy of active US or Canadian RN license or a printed page from the licensing state’s nursing website or Canadian equivalent verifying licensure status and expiration date.
Baker College Online is a division of Baker College, an institution that was founded in Flint Michigan, in 1911. Online classes began being offered by Baker College in the mid 1990’s, and Baker was one of the first colleges in the country to look into the possibility of online education. Academic programs at Baker College are career-focused, and lead students to employment and career advancement.
Baker College Online offers more than 40 associate, bachelors, master and doctoral degrees and certificates in the areas of health sciences, human service, education, business and technical fields. Baker’s online classroom is accessible twenty four hours a day, seven days a week from any location that has internet access, and rather than being a self-paced program, classwork has assigned deadlines, and courses have specific begin and end dates.
Online courses are considered to be on the same level of difficulty as traditional classroom courses, but the focus of the course work differs in the fact that online courses focus on writing and reading, and when students attend classes in a traditional classroom environment, listening is also a part of the participation process. A large part of succeeding in online classes includes participating in discussions, and participation is a requirement for students wishing to succeed.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.