The MS in Rehabilitation Counseling is focused on training students to work in state, federal, private, and nonprofit rehabilitation agencies. This master’s degree in counseling online prepares graduates for certification and licensure. Students can go on to help people with disabilities work, live, and socialize in their communities through providing high-quality services.
Students will spend one week each semester on campus, interacting with professors and other students. The rest of the online counseling degree coursework is done online through weekly lectures, group meetings, and projects.
Course topics include:
- Assistive technology
- Medical, vocational, and psychosocial aspects of disability
- Transition to adulthood in rehabilitation
- Occupational services in rehabilitation
- Principles and practices of case management
Students are required to attend one-week residencies on campus each semester.
- Bachelor's degree
- Official transcripts
- Three references
- Statement of intent
- Writing sample
- Proof of English language proficiency, international students
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges