Explore the intersection of healthcare and the legal system with a Master of Science in Nursing focusing on Forensic Nursing. Students in this program learn how to remain unbiased, thorough, and diligent in their work at crime scenes, in the lab, and in the courtroom.
The online RN to MSN bridge program offers a streamlined process for Registered Nurses to earn their master’s degree in a specialty area. The program provides students with comprehensive forensic nursing knowledge and skills necessary for writing reports, taking photos, and collecting evidence. Graduates will be well equipped to work with law enforcement, provide specialized care to victims of violence or trauma, and aid in legal investigations.
Courses explore topics related to:
- Diverse populations and health care
- Legal and ethical issues in health care
- Community health nursing
- Advanced corrections
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Aspen University is accredited by:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- An associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing, from an institution that is accredited by a CHEA recognized accrediting body or an international equivalent
- Current, unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the United States, a US territory, or Canada.
- A minimum of one year of nursing experience completed within the past five years.