Doctor of Nursing Practice
Arkansas State University
The online DNP degree program from Arkansas State University is practice-focused and prepares nursing leaders for the highest level of clinical nursing practice beyond the initial and master's preparation in the discipline. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Leadership, policy, and healthcare systems
- Healthcare finance
- Healthcare Informatics
- Principles of healthcare ethics and genetics
- Epidemiology and population health
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- A Master’s degree in nursing from a CCNE, COA, or NLNAC accredited program.
- A minimum graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- A current unencumbered APN license in the USA with national specialty certification as appropriate.
- Successfully completed a graduate-level statistics or biostatistics course with a grade of “B” or above.
- Submit curriculum vitae/have at least one (1) year experience (2000 hours) as an APN prior to application to the DNP program verified by employer.
- An essay.
- Three work reference forms completed.
- Satisfactory criminal background check through the School of Nursing.
- For primary language other than English TOEFL score of 83 on the preferred internet-based test, (IBT), 570 on the paper-based test, or 213 on the computer-based test.
- Program includes an on-campus emersion experience prior to the start of each semester.
Arkansas State University is a public university located on an 800 acre campus in Jonesboro, Arkansas. ASU was founded in 1909 by the Arkansas Legislature as an agricultural training school known as the First District Agricultural School. In addition to the Jonesboro campus, campus locations in Newport, Beebe and Mountain Home make up the ASU system.
Arkansas State University offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees and professional certificates. ASU’s more than 200 degree programs are offered through the university's colleges that include:
- College of Business
- College of Agriculture, Engineering, and Technology
- College of Liberal Arts and Communications
- College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Professions
- College of Sciences and Mathematics
ASU is well known for being a superior institution that educates its students through classroom instruction as well as providing opportunities for learning through service and research opportunities. ASU is the Arkansas areas only comprehensive public university, and also maintains an increasing global presence with over one hundred higher learning institutes located around the world.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.