Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Antioch University Connected
Help people address the personal, family, and social issues that makes living healthy and productive lives challenging for them. Graduate from Antioch University ready to work in community agencies, substance abuse and addictions treatment, in-patient treatment, and college counseling settings. Learn from current practitioners who will prepare you to impact people’s lives and provide treatment that makes a difference. Students may choose an option focus of study in Substance Abuse and Addictions Counseling, Counseling Military Service Personnel and their Families, and Trauma.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
The Higher Learning Commission
A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7. International students must live in the U.S. and have a TOEFL score of 550 for the paper-based test or 79 for the internet-based examination. Supplementary admissions statement. Resume. Three letters of recommendation. Completion of an admissions interview with a faculty member.
Requires two week-long intensive residential colloquia during the course of the program.
This program is not available for residents of: California, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, New Hampshire, and North Dakota.
Inspired by the pioneering work of 19th-century educator and former Antioch President Horace Mann, Antioch University offers higher education that acknowledges the common good, prizes hands-on learning, and is inspired by a diverse academic community. We seek to instill in our students the knowledge and self-awareness to become lifelong learners, compassionate leaders, and world citizens.
Antioch University is a private, non-profit, accredited higher learning institution with multiple campus locations across the nation. Antioch University Connected is an extension of the institution – offering quality, affordable, and accessible bachelor completion and graduate programs completely online for the busy, adult learner.
Students can expect:
- Individual attention from faculty that are responsive, knowledgeable, and ready to help.
- Collaborative environments that provide interactions with other adult learners.
- Experiential learning that extends beyond the traditional classroom with applicable skills and knowledge to put to use in your field.
- Admissions process that recognizes your prior experience, and uses a system of Prior Learning Credits.
- Adult classrooms that allow for collaboration with other students who take learning seriously.
- Flexibility to find a degree that fits into your busy schedule.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.