Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies / Literature & Creative Writing
Antioch University Connected
Discover the power of your words, and turn your love of literature and writing into a valuable profession. With a Liberal Studies degree with a concentration in Literature and Creative Writing, you will learn to critically analyze works of literature from an academic perspective. You will also develop a comprehensive view of English-language literature through social, historical, cultural, and theoretical lenses while practicing your ability to communicate your ideas in the written form.
Students also get the opportunity to participate in an annual Antioch Writers’ Workshop week-long seminar at the Yellow Springs campus in which you can receive credit for. This praised event brings together award-winning writers, publishers, literary agents, and other writing professionals, in which you can network with and learn from.
At only $350 per credit, you can quickly achieve your career goals while keeping your financial future intact. Students need 24 undergraduate credits in order to enroll.
Literature coursework will explore:
• Classic American and English literature
• Contemporary writings and work by historically marginalized authors
• Human language development and the process of language acquisition
• Theories of critical analysis
With creative writing coursework, you will:
• Practice writing in multiple genres to discover your interests and strengths.
• Explore new and emerging formats such as social media, blogging, and the web.
• Learn the ins and outs of the publishing industry, from how to find an agent to crafting your writing to a specific audience.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
The Higher Learning Commission
This is a bachelor completion program. Students must have 24 undergraduate credits to enroll or an associates degree. A total of 120 credits is required, including transfer credits.
Inspired by the pioneering work of 19th-century educator and former Antioch President Horace Mann, Antioch University offers higher education that acknowledges the common good, prizes hands-on learning, and is inspired by a diverse academic community. We seek to instill in our students the knowledge and self-awareness to become lifelong learners, compassionate leaders, and world citizens.
Antioch University is a private, non-profit, accredited higher learning institution with multiple campus locations across the nation. Antioch University Connected is an extension of the institution – offering quality, affordable, and accessible bachelor completion and graduate programs completely online for the busy, adult learner.
Students can expect:
- Individual attention from faculty that are responsive, knowledgeable, and ready to help.
- Collaborative environments that provide interactions with other adult learners.
- Experiential learning that extends beyond the traditional classroom with applicable skills and knowledge to put to use in your field.
- Admissions process that recognizes your prior experience, and uses a system of Prior Learning Credits.
- Adult classrooms that allow for collaboration with other students who take learning seriously.
- Flexibility to find a degree that fits into your busy schedule.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.