Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring & Evaluation
American University's online Graduate Certificate in Project Monitoring and Evaluation will equip you with the skills to design and implement program-based M&E, positioning you to advance within your current organization or to enter the field with skills that are in demand. The certificate coursework includes the qualitative and quantitative skills needed to assess projects and programs within the social impact sector. After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Comprehend and create a Logical Framework (Logframe or Results Framework) for improving the planning, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation of projects.
- Assess monitoring plans, performance evaluation designs, impact evaluation designs, and /or Evaluation Statements of Work (SOW).
- Examine and demonstrate the use of qualitative and/or quantitative tools used to collect data for formative and summative evaluations.
- Appreciate the role of governance, both of self and others, in data and project evaluation.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- A completed application
- Phone Interview with Admissions Advisor
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation, which may be from former professors as well as current or former employers
- Transcripts from previous undergraduate and relevant graduate coursework
At American University, smart, passionate and engaged students and faculty focus their knowledge to create meaningful change. The University's strengths in international service and public affairs inspire a sense of social responsibility and a dedication to cultural and intellectual diversity; and is defined by a global perspective, practical idealism and a dedication to public service.
American University is a private, college-centered research university located in the nation’s capital. It was chartered by the United States Congress in 1893 to build public service, and is now home to a prestigious faculty, guest speakers and visiting world leaders who are influential practitioners and prominent thought leaders.
Join us in creating new opportunities for yourself while you help create a better world. Become part of the network of ambitious achievers, compassionate leaders and socially aware citizens at American University.
Online Student Experience
American University online programs are delivered through a format that’s convenient, flexible and portable. Like on-campus, students talk about their coursework and current issues with classmates, ask instructors questions and turn in assignments, but it’s all done via email, discussion boards, instant messaging and more.
Online courses at American University are as rigorous and challenging as their on-campus counterparts, and taught by the same connected faculty members, influential guest speakers and prominent lecturers. Interaction and communication with instructors and fellow students are essential components of the programs and academic success.
Online students have access to many support resources including new student orientation, a 24x7 help desk for technical issues, a student services coordinator, financial aid advisers and more.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.