The Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Adult Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) is designed for RNs with a BSN. This online adult gerontology degree meets two needs: helping with the shortage of primary care providers and providing more recognition for nurses. Nurses will be able to provide patient-centered care as NPs while gaining job stability.
With this specialization, students study to become primary care professionals for patients 13 years old and above. You learn to assess, prevent, diagnose, and manage acute and chronic health conditions by studying a variety of advanced primary care areas. The rigorous curriculum covers such topics as:
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Complex Concepts of Aging
- Advanced Role Development and Organizational Leadership
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must hold an accredited BSN degree with at least one year of current full-time work in nursing.
- Applicants will need an active and unencumbered U.S. RN license or international equivalent.
Arizona, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Tennessee