The Doctor of Nursing Practice with a concentration in Professional Leadership is an online nursing degree for those nurses interested in advancing into managerial or entrepreneurial roles. Designed to promote the advanced practice of nursing, this DNP allows you to customize your specialization courses to fit your interests and goals. With the leadership specialization, nurses complete core curriculum courses and then choose the specialization courses that best meet their goals. Students also complete practice experiences that allow them to apply the knowledge and concepts learned in their courses.
Graduates are able to:
- Use strategic decision-making and change implementation
- Critique leadership roles in healthcare
- Remain sensitive to cultures and ethnicities
- Develop, implement, and evaluate best practices to advance healthcare
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- A minimum of one year of full-time work experience in an informatics or technology-based nursing leadership role during the last 5 years is required.
- Applicants will need an unencumbered U.S. RN license or international equivalent.