American Public University offers an online Certificate in Meeting and Event Planning. The program provides an overview of the conference, exposition, and convention business. An emphasis is placed on travel and tourism management.
This online hospitality certification provides real-world examples of planning, selling, and servicing meetings and conventions. Graduates will be able to evaluate the logistics, environmental concerns, and elements of client culture affecting event planning and management.
Course topics discussed in this program include:
- Hospitality management
- Business and conference hospitality management
- Destinations and cultures
- Convention sales and services
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College Readiness Assessment (waived for students with 9 or more college credits).
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission