Current licensed nurses with an associate’s degree can complete this online RN to BSN program to prepare for career advancement and leadership roles. BSN graduates will be able to work with healthcare teams to coordinate effective and efficient patient-centered care.
Students will develop leadership, management, and communication skills to encourage the health of individuals, families, and communities. Courses examine how to apply scientific principles and the nursing process to evaluate patient response to therapies and changes in health status. Graduates will understand the socioeconomic and cultural factors creating health disparities and be able to advocate for diverse populations.
Topics studied in this degree program include:
- Assessment, evaluation, and clinical decision making
- Emerging trends in healthcare
- Transformational leadership and cultures of safety
- Integrated pathophysiology and clinical pharmacology
- Caring for today’s veterans
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have an accredited associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing and hold a current, active and unencumbered U.S. Registered Nursing (RN) license.