The Master of Science in Nursing program prepares you to be an effective leader in the nursing profession and to be an agent of change in the delivery of health care. The transformational changes occurring in healthcare today make advanced nursing practice essential to the provision of safe, patient-centered care. As an advanced practice nurse educator or nurse leader, you can help lead the change to move nursing into the future.
American Public University System is currently pursuing initial accreditation for this master degree in nursing from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
- Official transcripts showing a conferred Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a program accredited by: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Current and active unencumbered registered nurse (RN) in state where practicums will be conducted
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the baccalaureate nursing degree
- Successful completion of an undergraduate level statistics course with a “C” or higher
- Current resume/CV
- 500-600 word statement of purpose and goals for graduate education
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission