Specialize in healthcare data analytics with a master’s degree in Health Information Management (HIM) from APUS. Practicing health professionals can enhance their career options with this online master’s in health informatics.
The curriculum takes an interdisciplinary approach to health data management, decision-making, strategic planning, and outcomes management. Students will gain competencies in managing both information systems and employees. Courses discuss the use and role of databases, enterprise information portals, telecommunications, the internet, and wireless technology.
A sample of courses available to students includes:
- Healthcare vocabularies and clinical terminologies
- Clinical workflow and process redesign
- Legal issues in health information management
- Information security management
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Bachelor's degree should be in the STEM, business, management, or health-related fields (i.e. nursing, allied health, engineering, physical science, math, computer science, life science), or a minimum of two-years work experience in an HIM occupation.