The online Master of Science in Health information Management offers training and knowledge in the area of healthcare data analytics and informatics. Students will learn how to oversee health information systems and employees in dynamic environments.
Courses address complex situations involving health data management, strategic planning, outcomes management, and administrative decision-making. You will study the governmental regulations affecting patient data management and reporting. Class assignments also prepare you to implement change management strategies as an organizational leader in the healthcare space.
Some of the topics covered in this health informatics bachelor’s degree online include:
- Clinical workflow and process redesign
- Information security management
- Corporate compliance in the healthcare industry
- Research methods in health information management
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a conferred bachelor’s degree in business, management, or any health-related fields, or any degree with a minimum of two years of work experience in any health-related, business, information system, or management occupation.