The Master of Education in Teaching: Non-Licensure Concentration in Secondary Social Studies program is ideal if you possess a history or social studies bachelor’s degree and now wish to acquire the knowledge to teach secondary students to understand the political, geographic, economic, and social world. This non-licensure master's program will not lead to eligibility for teaching certification, and is intended for those who do not have and/or are not seeking any teacher licensure.
You will need to complete 125 hours of field experience at an approved school site.
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Official bachelor’s or master’s transcript showing conferral of degree
- School of Education non-certification questionnaire
- Graduate writing sample
- Signed statement of understanding (SOU) form
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission