This online Master of Education in Teaching degree offers a non-licensure concentration in Elementary Education. The program is designed for those interested in studying the theory and practical applications of teaching students in grades K-6.
Courses examine the design of performance-based assessments, instruction, evaluation, and intervention plans. Students of this online masters in Elementary Education will learn how to develop a classroom climate that enhances the social, emotional, physical, and psychological needs of learners. The curriculum is aligned with West Virginia Professional Teaching Standards, the International Society for Technology in Education, and national content standards for elementary education.
Topics include areas such as:
- Diversity and communication in education
- Literature for elementary school children
- Elementary school arts across the curriculum
- 21st Century teaching and learning
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
American Public University System is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s)
- Some course descriptions, syllabi, and assignments may focus on K-12 settings and may require observations and/or assignments to be completed with K-12 learners and/or educators. You will need to obtain access to suitable instructional settings for all required assignments and for the capstone course.